PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The latest "Friday Liar" 3/11/17
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2017, 01:59
Liam Gallagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good summary Mole.

A few observations.

1. Let's not forget " the 4 pillars of TTW". Wasn't the fourth pillar engagement with the staff? I wager the DFO has an obligation to engage with her minions and things like DILDO and "drinks", enable her to show BossHogg "a tick in the box" marked "communications". Would she care if nobody engaged? Probably not, she just has to show an effort to hit her KPIs and collect her bonus.

2. Bonuses. Never forget that BossHogg, DFO and GMA are Swire employees. They have a separate income stream not shown in the Cathay accounts. You and I will never see their Swire earnings. Remember, if the HKAOA gifts $1bn in concessions, Anna & Co get $22.5m from the Swire Service agreement.

3. The continued moaning about the TB is very relevant. Put that in the context of a resignation rate heading towards 5%" coupled with the fact retirements are now happening following the increase to RA65 about 10 years ago. My radar shows some of our FOs heading over to KA for command next year. My radar doesn't show many DEFOs actually arriving (particularly if the T&Cs are reduced). Let's not forget that KA are struggling to get DEFOs of suitable quality and they offer what is arguably a better package. Also the number of DEFOs we actually received in 2017 is nothing like the numbers trumpeted at the back-end of 2016.

4. The effect of the sodimiser? The brochure promises productivity gains which will have the effecf of more pilots. If the A50 is the messiah, then the CMP is the "second coming"... Bases, dream rosters on the 747, productivity.

So to put this mathematically;

5% planned expansion + FOs to KA + 5% resignation rate - sodimiser/Training Ban = aircraft parked