PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK CHEAP LIKE CHIPS
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2017, 13:47
glofish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The meal allowance is exactly that! It is clearly laid out in the manual how it is worked out dependant on time ‘on station’.
So for you anything laid out in our fantastic manuals is "exactly that".
You are the model EK employee ....

My friend in P&L is partially responsible for allowances at some of the hotels. If an allowance drops, it’s because P&L have negotiated a bigger crew discount not because he is feeling tight.
A discount in the hotel is what you are after? What did you tell HR at your joining interview? I guess not that you wanted to pick up this job because you wanted to discover new cities, meet new people, no, you wanted to study hotels and stare at your room wall ..... Again, the perfect employee.

Some of our colleagues comments about him and his team are a little disingenuous!!! He has targets set by his boss and the 9th. He either hits his targets or looks for another job!!! What would you do???
Extremely cheap argument. It served as lame excuse for many No2's of many very unpleasant leaders ....

Personally, we have a few nationalities for whom the ‘meal’ allowance is considered part of their salary and therefore constantly moan. For me, it’s beer tokens or a duty free allowance provided by EK.
Very inconsistent. Read your first paragraph again and then think ....
We have far more pressing issues!
Yes, like inflation for example. Ask any economist of any color: Discounts don't takle inflation, they are an excuse for inaction and thus degradation of T&Cs.

Sorry for my tone, but you hardly hide your silly management spectacles.