PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is everyone in EASAland fitting 8.33 radios and disabling their 25Khz kit??
Old 3rd Nov 2017, 09:10
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 433 Likes on 228 Posts
PDR,

You complain that other posters are "playing the man rather than the ball". I suggest you re-read the whole thread and see who is most guilty of that. It's yourself.

Secondly, you are trying to teach people how to suck eggs and keep going round in circles, repeating yourself. Again, as someone who depends on all parts on the aircraft I fly for a living (I'm responsible for direct liaison with our maintenance company on a very regular basis) I am fully aware of the reasons for certification. Thankfully, I'm not responsible for paying the bills for maintenance so I have no personal reason to even countenance the thought of non certificated parts being used.

I'll repeat what I wrote before because it appears you didn't quite understand. No one here has stated that they would fit non certificated parts to any aircraft. But people who do pay the bills understandably sometimes question the huge cost of the certification process. It appears that some manufacturers think of the actual cost and move the decimal point to the right a couple of places.

I don't know who Tim Lancaster is.

Last edited by ShyTorque; 3rd Nov 2017 at 09:59.