PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is everyone in EASAland fitting 8.33 radios and disabling their 25Khz kit??
Old 3rd Nov 2017, 07:43
Hughes500

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts
PDR

All clear now you work for a company ripping us tax payers off sorting out military machines.Nice work if you can get it. I do not fit illegal parts to any of the 20 odd machines my company has owned over the years. Here is an example for you and this is factually true. A certain UK manufacturer was asked by UK Mil to fit a USB plug to a certain type of UK Mil helicopter. The manufacturer purchased Belkin plugs from a certain high street retailer for under £ 5 each, they put one of their certificates on it and charged us the tax payer £ 350 for it. So most of what you say is utter bollocks I am afraid. You really need to go and speak to the people who actually pay the bills for the **** quality product we have to put up with.
Another example for you, one type of my machines has got through 4 voltage regulators in 4 years. Having had cars for over 35 years and I drive 25k a year i have never had a voltage reg fail. The cars are not mollycoddled like helicopters have to be. It really is not a difficult we are not flying space shuttles !
Another example Allison compressor wheels you wouldn't believe what they cost to make compared to what Rolls Royce sell them for ( incidentally the PMA boys can make them out of better material and half the cost of RR)
As you probably aware you are in a minority position here