PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HELP! Looking to move to a US airline...with an interesting background...
Old 2nd Nov 2017, 15:45
PIC_401

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP! Looking to move to a US airline...with an interesting background...

Hi everyone,

First post here so I hope it can be productive!

I completed my MPL on the a320 with a major carrier in the Middle East (converted to ATPL) years ago. Currently I have about 4300 FO hours on the a320. A U.K. citizen, happily I married a U.S. citizen recently.

Now, I don’t want to get into the whole ME vs USA debate, for my future family and personal reasons, the USA would suit me as I am eligible for a green card which would give me the right to live and work In the USA.

Personally, I would aim for Chicago based airline. Now I know the legacy carriers don’t always hire direct as there is a steady stream of pilots flowing through from the regionals, and I’d be willing to “restart” my career from the bottom up (i.e. E175 / E145 / CRJ) if need be.

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice or experience with applying to US airlines given this situation (i.e. would they require a CPL/IR even if I have my ATPL?). Many of the regional airline websites state that they require an ATP, nothing against an MPL or a specific requirement other than the usual right to live/work and stuff. Just wanted to gauge if I would even be considered for an interview?

Thanks!