PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is everyone in EASAland fitting 8.33 radios and disabling their 25Khz kit??
Old 2nd Nov 2017, 13:56
500e

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have read your comments PDR1 & find you do not read to closely I did not say fit sub standard parts to helicopters ( I presume it was me you were playing)
What I was pointing out was the component parts are a minute part of cost of the unit most surface mount resistors caps etc cost fractions of a cent\ penny \ yen, the tin ware is cheap to produce the design for a lot of the equipment is standard practice so we have innovation to cost in + sales shipping & profit.
Taking MR mobile digital fixed radio price £400 then doubling it £800 to allow for reduced customer base for aircraft ( not sure that stands up to day with a lot of radio customers moving to phones & PTTi)
We now add £400 for conformity excessive it think but there you go, we are at £1200 add some more profit £ 400 so now £1600 still a big gap Hey I might have forgotten something How about we add a bit more profit £300 still only £1900 & remember MR were taking a profit from £400