PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is everyone in EASAland fitting 8.33 radios and disabling their 25Khz kit??
Old 2nd Nov 2017, 10:34
PDR1

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
That's right, play the ball rather than the man - a classical indication of an unsupportable argument!

Your allegation is as odeous as it is inaccurate, just like most of the twaddle in this thread. I do not work for a radio "supplier" or an avionics company. I have just been involved in the process of bringing military aircraft fleets into compliance with the new regulations. I was also involved in studies to bring ATM equipment (SSR, PSR, PAR etc) into compliance with the new requirements to "play nicely" with mobile phone transmissions at 2.6GHz, and the wind-farm compliance issue, although we didn't win that one so we didn't get to do it.

The post I was responding to seemed to believe that an 8.33kHz radio fit in a commercial helicopter should by just buying a toy radio from Radio Shack. Fortuinately there are regulations which prevent cowboy operators doing such dangerous things. But if you really, really beleive that then just become the CAM for a helicopter operator and you are at liberty to define and sign off whatever you like - you can repair your aircraft with pieces of scaffolding pole attached with screws from home depot by mexican illegals on $0.05 an hour.

And when the enquiry finds your signature after the ensuing crash you will probably spend the remaining years of your life in jail, with your family stripped of every cent to pay the compensation to the families of the dead pilots, passengers and innocent bystanders.

There are cowboy corner-cutters in every walk of life, but I have to say I'm dissappointed to find them here. These people and their contempt for safety have no place in any aviation organisation.

PDR