PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Legality of Amy Johnson Initiative - Equality Act 2010
Old 2nd Nov 2017, 00:14
JumboJet1999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Daysleeper
That's not an answer if anything it's a question.
Why are more women not interested and what is being done to address that.
Oh for crying out loud just give it a rest, will you!

Women can make their own life decisions, thank you very much. So to the people who claim "oh but they need to be encouraged / have a role model / extra (financial) assistance / motivational speeches" to consider a flying career; well, you are actually being incredibly patronising and seriously underestimate the ability of women to think for themselves, a point which has been mentioned before on this thread.

Please - no more threads on the whole pilot gender - this discussion has been going round in circles for years. There is nothing to debate. Men and women are just different, with different strengths and weaknesses and different interests and ambitions and this is something to embrace. . . and if you do care so much about the interests of women, then let us do what we want with our lives, whether that's to be a stay-at-home mother, or commercial pilot for that matter.

Live and let live.

From an 18yr old gal who flew solo for the first time recently (still can't wipe the grin off my face! , all my flying is funded by having worked as a cleaner since I left secondary school (smirk at your screens as much as you like), all motivation not stemming from trying to "prove a (feminist) point" but from the sheer passion for flying and genuine love for aviation, as should be the case for all of us, right?

Last edited by JumboJet1999; 2nd Nov 2017 at 00:51.