PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates. Not that bad, surely?
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2017, 21:04
BANANASBANANAS

Received 116 Likes on 57 Posts
Exactly that, Tango.

Unfortunately, Emirates (and most other airlines, to be fair) are run by HR bean counters who are entirely focussed on chasing this years results, cost cutting target and bonus payment.

There is therefore no difference as far as they are concerned between a 1500 hour ATPL pilot and a 20000 hour ATPL pilot. Same licence and each can only produce 900 factored hours a year towards the bottom line. You and I know that is a very dangerous policy to follow but, hey, its legal.

I have nothing against inexperience at all, we were all there once, but if you lower the recruitment experience bar as much as Emirates has (rather than increase terms and conditions to maintain experience levels) then not only are there reduced experience levels coming into the airline but the decreasing terms, conditions and qol drive many experienced pilots (and many not so experienced too) out of the company.

When incidents then happen on the line the management fix is to penalise the entire remaining workforce with no notice line checks, etc etc rather than deal with individuals in a fair and just manner - thereby driving yet more experience out of the company.

We currently have 12 B777 parked at DWC but even with this reduction in capacity, crewing are constantly calling pilots who are on days off to ask if they will give up their day off and fly.

Factor in the ongoing evictions throughout DSO and the introduction of GST in a couple of months time and I can see things getting a whole lot worse if Emirates management does not alter course.

Last edited by BANANASBANANAS; 1st Nov 2017 at 21:19.