PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An 'amazing' revelation
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2017, 01:30
Bend alot

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
On the longer routes to me aircraft type plays a big part in who I will book my flight with also the hub has a role.

I will take the A380 then a 747 over what would next be a 777. Other than the A380 I have not liked the twin rides I have had with Airbus. I certainly don't mind a bit of a wait in Singapore if need be.

Now the idea of running 2 Game Changers as being cheaper than 1 A380 I don't think has been fully calculated - what would the cost of getting another gate and slot (at the same premium time) at say Heathrow?

How much ground equipment will be required? How much extra labour will be needed?

What will be the provision for sick crew both during flight and pre take off (all crew)?

How many extra hotel rooms will need to be used?

What is the difference in insurance?

Will it become too temping to cut a light load flight and run just 1 Game Changer to save a few bucks? Thus giving some punters a reason to fly another airline and maybe preferring it? (As long as the Irish Man gets where he wants, he does not mind leaving other stranded.)

Real-estate at major airports is prime real-estate and not cheap and this is where 2 is better than one isn't so good.