PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Adani Coal Airport
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2017, 22:50
rutan around

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Binghi said:-
I know little of the Adani coal Co. Though I do know that it is coal that will be mined and that there are many new coal power stations being built around the world that will need our high quality coal.
Adani's Carmichael mine is low quality coal. It will add significantly to the greenhouse gas overload already in the earths atmosphere. All it will do is make India's poor sick as well as poor for no gain as they won't be able to afford the electricity. (A bit like here but for different reasons. Here it's unaffordable because governments give monopolies to assholes)

Why the hell we follow scammers with grandiose get rich schemes defies logic. Our track record is not great with millions being lost to notables such as Bond, Skase and currently Clive Palmer. Methinks it won't be long before Adani becomes known as 'Clive of India'

I cannot understand why all parties are selling their souls for such a pissy number of jobs. To put things in perspective consider this. The average number jobs Adani will offer (if he doesn't go broke first) is under 1,500. In one smelly brain fart Campbell Newman sacked 14,000 workers. It is hard to follow the logic that the world will end if we don't allow 1,500 workers to pollute the world but it's just a shrug of the shoulders to sack 14,000 Government workers.