PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Adani Coal Airport
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2017, 20:20
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
the 250 million without power. can't afford it at any price. once Adani has suckered the government, the asks will continue and get bigger. If the deal cannot go ahead on normal commercial terms, its a crock. You ever seen what a festering toxic mess an abandoned coal mine looks like?

to put that another way,coal in any case is a commodity. unless adani can demonstrate a compelling value proposition for the project (ie revenue covers remediation, borrowing costs, taxes, royalties, operating costs, native title, infrastructure, depreciation, first world wages and OH&S and of course profit - all with a robust sensitivity analysis to lower coal prices) then the project must not go ahead or we, the taxpayer, will be left holding the bag at some stage. Adani cannot do this - hence no lenders to Adani!

my opinion is that adani are playing us for suckers and will package the project and on sell it if we give them money and tax holidays.

i have had deals like this pitched to me before. Adani smells to high heaven. Rio, BHP and other reputable miners would have already built the project if it made economic sense.

Last edited by Sunfish; 31st Oct 2017 at 20:54.