PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bucs and Black Buck
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2017, 20:20
orca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recall one of the previous threads on this being quite informative - mainly due to Argentinian veterans contributing which was fascinating. IIRC we all agreed that the raids were a staggering effort and there was evidence to suggest that the Shrike raids did get a ‘shut off’ reaction. I think there was some evidence that the raids caused a shuffling of the Argentine DCA at on the mainland but less that this detracted from the units fragged with strike or sweep of the islands.
I’ve always harboured my own suspicion that the ‘wider effects of BB’ are arrived at by assuming the enemy reacted how we would have - without actually checking that they did - hence I found the evidence very interesting.
Incidentally - Vulcan 607 says that the attack run was made at 10,000 ft. I’ve carried 1000 lb weapons twice as high as that in a SHAR - whoever it was saying something (bogus) about weapon delivery and impact angle. Naturally the load was incomparable to the Vulcan’s but let’s stick to facts eh?
Repeat my first point. Staggering effort, hats off to striker, AAR and MPA crews involved.