PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Schiphol passport checks
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2017, 19:28
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just had cause to fly between MAN & AMS. Remember my opening post; but that was between 2 Schengen countries, this was not. From AMS they did not use 'boarding card only automatic gate' check: it was a ground staff passport check & scan of boarding card. Entering UK it was a Border Agency passport scan on arrival, manual or automatic.
Departing UK the only check was a boarding pass scan to enter security and then into AMS was an immigration passport check, manual or automatic.
Thus it seems the only passport check is on arrival not departure, even between non-Schengen countries; so how can the movement of 'wanted' people be tracked if there is no departure check? I know guys have said in the previous posts that other transport systems don't check, but that is only inside Schengen; this was at the outside borders. It would suggest that Schengen is interested only in entry and not departure. Curious.
I'm not a big brother bloke, quite the opposite, but it seems inconsistent with what governments are saying on the security front.