PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Armed Forces Pay 2018
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2017, 13:19
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Onceapilot
Well Meltchy, I am as unwilling to submit to unfair Tax as anyone. However, when the choice is between having some realistic curbs on the worst examples of undeserved financial rewards and having a complete slash and burn of the nation by a "popular" Trotsky UK Gov, I am going to go for the realistic curbs! The Tory party already supports moderate wealth taxation and, in the present situation, some realistic updates to our status quo must be expected, if the revolution is to be avoided.
Good grief, the UK is up **** creek!

OAP
OAP,

Absolutely, just define realistic curbs. Would it be easier to chase those off shore accounts and multi-nationals paying tax on profits in Luxembourg rather than UK turnover, or just take 1% off everyone's total net worth? If they viewed the latter, well, you might just end up with a re-run of the 'dementia tax' and Corbyn's lot measuring up the curtains anyway! And remember, once the money starts coming in the wont revoke the legislation: Income Tax was introduced in 1799 as a temporary measure to pay for the Napoleonic Wars. On that basis I think we've just about cleared that one up so we can scrap the temporary tax?!

The U.K. tax code is far too complex. For every rule there is a loophole. So stop making rules and re-write it on the basis of principles you are expected to follow and which are difficult to dodge your way out of and we might find the tax take goes up so we don't have to introduce yet another tax on an already overtaxed populous.

Apologies for the thread drift, normal banter may be resumed.