PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tain Range.
Thread: Tain Range.
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2017, 23:21
banterbus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to confirm, that there are currently 100 or so personnel based at Lossie current taking part in/supporting active Operations, away from their families in the name of our countries??

Glad to see the locals are proud of this fact - I'm sure that any of those personnel reading this out there feel they are valued - you live in a different world .

Firstly, training individuals to be able to conduct academic range work is vital, in sanitised airspace where all one needs to concentrate is getting used to the difficult discipline that is strafe for instance. This ability to train like this is invaluable, and cannot be understated!

England alternatives are there, yes, but transit times and fuel usage would lead to a large amount of training lost.

It saddens me when local people clearly do not give a about our military, and would happily see us moved on and be less prepared for when we are doing what we are doing over nasty parts of the world .

I've always felt more pride in being in the military when on Ex in the US; they've got it right. I would love to see Lossie shut, and the RAF move away, and see how that affects the Lossie/Elgin economies - and don't dare tell me it wouldn't