PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates. Not that bad, surely?
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2017, 08:43
Trader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
momo - no issue with your question.

But I would be interested to know how instagram, essentially a photo sharing social media site, can provide any meaningful information? Not forgetting that many like to post their 'hero' photos - big airplane, destination, flight deck etc. I like taking the same photos once and while, though without the need to constantly post them to prove how good my life is.

There is good and bad at EK. Anyone with half a brain can go through the posts and come to a logical conclusion about conditions and whether they would suit the individual. Looking at pretty pictures on instagram is not a through investigation.

You are new to the business - not even fully licenced. We were all there at one time and had the same dreams - big shiny airplanes, flying around the planet, pretty cabin crew and illusions of grandeur. I would even suggest that most of us, when we came to EK, during the times when we were experienced new hires, STILL came (at least in small part) due to the big, shiny airplane.

The difference today is that the conditions are different. Which is why they can no longer find anyone with experience. So, yup, if you can get here in the next few years with low time it might be a good bet.

Some time in the future the hiring boom will stop (it always does) and it will be interesting to see then how the conditions will be perceived. If conditions are bad when they can't find pilots imagine how they will change when they have an ample supply.

But then again who cares right - cause you're flying a big, shiny jet.