PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates. Not that bad, surely?
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2017, 13:26
Kobus Dune

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Desert Peregrin
Besides that I have to admit that after over 20k hours of experience in airlines I want to have piece of mind when it comes to my recurrent PPC's. I'm tired of having to regain my job every six months..
Exactly the same for me, especially with a trainer 20 years younger ...

FO with children saving money? Well done Aviation enthus, this is really not easy.
As I said, feed them with pasta and leave them with TV or smartphone ...

I left company accomodation for a much better standard a long time ago, but this isn't viable today. Even you manage to buy something really nice the bills and the interest will kill most of the alllowance, if not all. The option now (my opinion) is to buy a 3 bed townhouse for just over 2 million dirhams and make every expense fit inside the allowance.
A townhouse is another name for a flat just built on the sand, with a garage and a Damas tree beside it, being called a garden .... and stuck between two similar outfits, in a multicultural district.
So in simple words, you just said that what was possible some years ago, is no longer affordable - have we been collectively punished for something ?

Pprune readers considering the move will be delighted to read that should they come, they will have to live in an improved labour camp.