PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Testing publications
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2017, 11:05
Genghis the Engineer

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts
In another note - I have amended an earlier post which was unreasonably critical, uning unjustifiable strong language, and lacking in detail of the Merlin simulator. That was out of order, and I apologise publically for doing so; if anybody did read that post and mentally bookmark it, please read the new versions of what I have said and draw any conclusions from that, not what I had said previously but now changed.
I have now deleted all of my contributions to this thread.

I was out of order re: the Merlin sim.

That aside however I listed useful books and hope the OP saved the list. One of them, available in most university libraries for free, I happened to write. Somebody below is using this fact to try and publicly out me on PPrune - he could of course have just reported my post to mods for quiet fixing behind the scenes, IF they had a problem with it, instead of grandstanding. At last count by the way I have written 2 books, 23 journal articles, 3 encyclopedia chapters, and a couple of hundred magazine articles on various technical aspects of aviation; most years I give a handful of public talks as well - it's hard not to occasionally mention my own work without being deliberately unhelpful. At the same time I have good (to me) reasons not to post anything here in my own name - as do most other PPrune regulars.

Life is too short, I don't like doing this, but am out of this thread.

OP - best of luck with this project and the rest of your degree.

Last edited by Genghis the Engineer; 30th Oct 2017 at 23:39. Reason: Bloody obvious.