PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian burning cash!
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2017, 10:30
EIFFS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Racedo

Not quite as straight forward as that, 7/8 sectors a day are closer to 6 roatations being the norm for many, few Jet2 crews do more than out and back, then you have have to look at the short duration of the flight, spend on board tends to be a lot less than say a an OSL to LPA, few book hold luggage on short sectors, then ask about airport charges for each landing and take off?

A 737 will burn close to 5000kgs per hour during a climb compared with a MAX in the cruise at 2100kg per hour on a 7 hour flight, conversely crew cost for accommodation will be higher but either way short haul or long haul Norwegian will squeeze 80 hours a month out of the crew.

I think it’s way to early to say that the long haul on the 737 will or won’t work, the 787 is another matter altogether, I’ve flown on a good number of routes and they are very good load factors, premium is often full but they do auction off the spare seats in the last week, I know of people who’ve bid £150 and still not got them, on the early flights out to Denver & Seattle 2 weeks out there were only a couple of premium seats booked, on the day there were only two seats unsold, so someone is working hard at yield management.

The 787-9 is a very different beast to the 788 way better payload and huge amounts of belly cargo being shipped.

The early stages of the 737 long haul operation were limited to max 155 seats whilst awaiting ETOPS & the MAX that figure is now increased to around 175 I understand