PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alouette
Thread: Alouette
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2017, 10:05
Muddassir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 3top
OOPS:

.....Your comment on landing on pinacles with 3 wheel gear has merit, rememering how often it is necessary to reposition with skids to get acceptable skid contact in this occasions.

I am not so confident as you yet, to me it is still a strange bird.
How tolerant is it on play in the many joints and connections, like TR-pitch-bearings, etc.

Specific question: .
Is the A III a bit sticky on the pedals, especially in hover?
Yes, these can be with high time T/R hubs or after a long day in air, when all the grease in T/R sleeves has flown away.

To the engine failure:

It seems Aerospatiale was very confident in their product:
The POH states under emergency procedures:

"Apart from fuel supply failure, engine flame out in flight can only result from mishandling of the controls by the pilot: closing of fuel shut off cock, actuation of engine selector switch when fuel flow control lever is in closed position."
Extremely reliable,with my previous previous employer, we operated about 30 Alts and equal no of Lamas since 1971, only one engine failure, that too due to water contaminated fuel.

There is another question to this: No one could answer it around here. If you actuate the engine selector switch when the fuel flow control lever is fully engaged, will the engine flame out or not?
Above 28000 rpm and fuel flow lever full fwd, a micro switch disables engine selector switch

I consider this a vital info as the engine selector switch is right there in the middle of the panel and could be moved fairly easily by accident.

Thanks for your time guys!

3top
[/QUOTE]