PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More KC-46A woes....
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2017, 00:44
CONSO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tdracer
My friends still working the program are telling me they're having huge issues getting FAA Part 25 certification (which I'd predicted back when the program was launched). Getting Part 25 certification of a military airplane is the very definition of "non-valued added work" - and it's incredibly difficult and time consuming.
It seems that making something suitable for military use can make it incompatible with the FARs. Who would have known - oh wait, that would have been me, six years ago (and I was far from alone)...
Sometimes is sucks to be proven right.
Golly gee- the weast bellcurve types simply wired the first few to meet FAA standards including the extra military stuff. THEN after ghey rolled out a few, somebody reread the contract specs about the time a mil tped inspection said WTF ? re wiring separation. Panic ensued and they drafted man renton types who had been somewhat involved in P-8 and or mil versions of 737 for special purposes and ran them up tom everett on tdy ( avoiding paying extra milage by the way ) to teach the chart boys how to read a mil spec that had many two syllable words... and 3 and four letter abbreviations like EMP and shield and separation and redundant . .

And the beat goes on . . .