PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 27th Oct 2017, 19:50
High Energy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by neofj
Been reading this forum and have heard difffering views, my question is if someone were to join as an FO say in December, with the seniority as it stands, how long before before they could be considered for command ?
If you tick the right required boxes I'd say about 2 years. It can be around 18 months but currently the 'holding pool' for command is 4 months. It's down to you (50%) and 50% luck with who your examiners are. Upgrades are not based on seniority. Purely hours and simulator markers. Them markers are the ones unnessecarily stopping a lot of good guys.

The pool might get shorter once the new aircraft come in. Six more (all max 8) deliveries before years end, if these aircraft ever leave Amman that is. I think 10 or 12 aircraft coming next year with I'm guessing 3 or 4 retirements.
Current upgrade numbers are apparently enough to stop the Captains attrition rate, not the expansion. They aim to upgrade 6 FO's per month but realistically that number looks like 4 p/mnth that make it. And they still take DEC's.