PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Caption competition
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2017, 10:17
MPN11

Received 137 Likes on 64 Posts
Decision time ... oh, this is HARD.

First, the PROLIX Prize goes to NutLoose for #45026:
As we haven't any aircraft to use, It's been installed as an MOD subterfuge for talking to the Government, the two sandpits have been named Iraq and Afghanistan, the lakes are named the Med, the Adriatic, the South China Sea and the Pacific, the green is the Falkands and the fairway is known as South Korea, thus when a hotspot flares up and the Government ask for troop deployment figures, the MOD sends us a signal, we put people out on the course playing a round, we then report back that the Navy has troops actively engaged in the Iraqi sandpit etc, which the MOD then transmit on to the ministers concerned, and it seems to be working.
There are deffo 2 distinct themes, unsurprisingly Golf and Carrier Aviation [and both!]. I particularly liked:

#44973, AndyTug, "The Royal and Ancient Navy....."
#44980, Wensleydale, "The US Military counter's China's attempt to build an airfield on an artificial atoll in the Pacific...."
#44983, Wensleydale again, "Powered by a small outboard motor.... (put-put-put)."
#45028, Traffic_Is_Er_Was, "Pilot: Distance to target? WSO: 9-iron."

But after much scratching of scalp, and copious note-taking, I have to declare an overall winner who is, on this occasion ... treadigraph ... with a very neat combination of both themes.
Originally Posted by treadigraph
Each time I raise my club, that **** in the yellow jacket drops to one knee and points down the fairway - puts me right off!
Over to you, young Sir

Last edited by MPN11; 27th Oct 2017 at 11:13.