PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robinson Safety Courses
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2003, 20:12
headsethair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK - I am travelling today but will try to post some words on the course asap. Had a great chat with Frank and Tim Tucker about what RHC are doing breaking ground next door to the factory.....big expansion......another factory two-thirds the size of the existing......will take up some of the current pressure (6 months backlog on 22 & 44) and increase output to 10 machines a week. But also - definitely something new coming and most likely not reciprocating. FR not forthcoming - but others were. However, I wouldn't be surprised if FR told others to talk.......keep the trail foggy! New building not complete for 18 mths to 2 years - and the exact FR quote was "We do not have a new machine in the works." And, of course, he's right. They don't even have the works yet!
I will go through my notes and post back here. Suffice to say, best $450 I ever spent (in flying). It's $350 for 22. You get 90 mins flying and about 3 days of classroom/factory stuff on safety & ops.
And yes - they did show the mast-bumping video from US Army. Also a new video from Indonesia of a 44 getting into settling with power on the approach to a rooftop hotel pad. It was a promo video shoot for the hotel, shot from another craft and the pilot decided to go in downwind because the director wanted the best light........a terrible tragedy, the machine just went down hard on the pad, rolled and skidded through the apparently flimsy barrier on the edge of the roof - and then down the side of the skyscraper. Our class went silent for some time - then a voice asked "Did he go all the way ?"
The world's most needless question.