PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Airways (HELP)
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2003, 19:34
buttercup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
both sides of the fence

I see things from both sides of the fence.

Yes morale maybe be low but you old timers your morale is low for a totally different reason from the new starters that leave after a few months. The new ones have said that they cant stand the moaning, bitterness and lazyness of some of the older ones!

Totally agree that promotion is crap! however it is a known fact that some people will not do a bad assesment as they cant be doing with all the hassle that goes with it (or is it just the extra work that goes with it?) Being a Manager can be tough sometimes! promotion is a joke! but hey beggers cant be choosers! Maybe they should think about direct entry AP or Purser i am sure that there are a few good ones out there that would give some a run for your money!

Not sure i agree with the vote for one person on the management team in the office. A major importance for me in a manager would have to be trust and confidentuality. Whatever is said in the office should not go anywhere else. A Manager who repeats things as gossip is a bad manager in my eyes.

GB is like any other company it is there to make money and without it we would not have a job! bums on seats pays our salaries (good or bad) each month.

Its worth remembering that the management also face pressures, just the same as crew so why not all try to work together?

if the company is losing X amount of money each month they have a job to do they have to stop it! Lets face it we all know whats going on!

As quoted by a office staff memeber who recently flew its a company which is there to make money. If you can honestly say you have been a role model in your position and that you have never done anything wrong or made any mistakes, then i totally agree with you that you are hard done by! and you deserve better. If not then maybe you need to sort your own house out before critisizing others!

Happy flying