PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fixed-wing or Rotary career? (incl Changing licence to Rotary)
Old 12th Sep 2003, 19:32
Officedesk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know what you are saying Ascend and I agree that there certainly are some people that seem to have more money than sense in aviation. I also agree that a long career in airline flying and allowing yourself to get into a vegetative state is indeed a trap to be avoided.

However, I do get fed up with people on this site that seem to all too freely anonymously criticise and stereotype others whilst lauding their own skills and judgement. Whilst the gentleman you refer to may indeed not have the ability to upgrade to CPLH, with 20,000 hours of airline time he deserves a bit more respect and dignity than you offer.

Whilst far from being sky gods, with the right exposure and training the vast majority of airline pilots should easily excel in most areas of aviation.

There are many variations of a very true saying in aviation. The one I like is this: 'Be careful who you condemn in your world as one day you might find them condemning you in theirs'.

Many thanks to everybody for the tips though. Gives me some food for thought, keep em coming. Really looking forward to this.

Last edited by Officedesk; 12th Sep 2003 at 21:36.