PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quitting before IOT
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2017, 22:13
Ricorigs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Join the military for a reason

Everyone has a story and a preference for what to do and where to live but ultimately you sign away your life to do as you’re told for a life that elsewhere you can only dream of.

OP I think you need to really question why you wished to join in the first place. Doubts are normal I certainly had mine but:

It is a team sport. Military life in general and aviation is no different.

You’re to be an Officer. You’ve got to convince someone at somepoint to put themselves in harms way. Whatever the service you’re in.
You’re also to manage their careers, try and help improve their lives and if necessary tell them to take a bite of a very deep **** sandwich. This admin you refer to is your responsibility. If you aren’t interested in that, quit now.

No offence but you seem to be in the right service for you to make the best of it. I think Army training may have forced your hand by now. (Body armour going on for abuse for that one.)

It was easier 10 (ahem) years ago because there were big wars on. You trained and you went there. Nowadays we are deployed all over but there is no huge central warfighting effort. Aviation is feast and famine, when you’re going somewhere you’ll fly a lot more than 15hrs per month or less than 10hrs because you are no longer the priority.

It is a rewarding life, you have mundane anywhere but only here can you do some truly cool ****!