PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF KHORMAKSAR
Thread: RAF KHORMAKSAR
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2017, 21:34
NutLoose

Received 2,955 Likes on 1,260 Posts
Ahhh Church parade, my final act of defiance, it was verboten to carry out ground runs at Brize during church on Sunday as the Staish attended and deemed it so, the only allowance being departures and Royals.

So as I had been lumbered on a Royal in my last weeks, it needing the engine levels re-establishing and I was due to clear on the Monday, all the balls fell into place, it was dragged out and perfectly placed alongside base hangar facing towards the church, I was cleared to do a low powered run with a minimum brief excursion up to 80% to clear the drains....
Well there I found myself sitting on a glorious Sunday morning four throttles in my hand and the beautiful howl of four Conway's at max chat, the young Cpl WAAF sitting on brakes with a worried look, as in the headset I can here Ops asking what the heck is going on. Closely followed by the Ops car coming out to collect me... Sh*t was hitting the fan and meetings were being arranged until I pointed out that they better make them today as I clear tomorrow. Wry smiles all around as it was realised any actions would be totally pointless.

Last edited by NutLoose; 26th Oct 2017 at 21:57.