PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle-9
Thread: Newcastle-9
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2017, 18:31
DanAir89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HH6702
Very true for what we wish for.
Just it seems that winter schedule from TUI/TCX Hasn't changed for years now.
Only new routes we have seen have been Ryanair coming in.
Surely people from the north east would like a greater choice in winter time from there local airport.
I agree. I used to find it frustrating that Thomson in particular didnt even juggle the schedule a little bit each year. (Pre kids) when looking for a winter break to the canaries at least 6 days offfwork was required because none of the flights were at weekends - even the Sunday TFS arrived back early Monday morning. Historically the older generation going to Benidorm for the winter wouldn’t have cared which day they flew on but there is a big group of workers who want a short winter break but to save as many days holiday for other times of the year.

I also agree that surely there are enough adventurous Geordies who would love to try somewher new such as Cape Verde in the winter. While I duck for cover as the inevitable “economics” are pointed out I do also wonder how much newcastle suffers from “regional prejudice” ie southern based planners thinking we’re just 30 mins from BHX so what does it matter (just like the dualling if the A1 - crying out to be done but not important enough for the people controlling the spending in London!!