PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Transfer Experiences
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2017, 00:09
Porky Speedpig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1:30 should be OK - I was sold 1:00 or even 0:55 recently LGW HKG MNL and made it. Transfer staff meet those on tight connex and rush you through (although that only seemed to add to stress rather than take it away - apart from anything else if there are 20 of you, the agent waits for the person in row 77 so you can be hanging around for 10 minutes, which you could have used to good effect yourself!). My view has been "I am in your hands now so if it goes wrong its your fault so I will hang on".
Effectively they just get you thru the staff channel at the security check points. The transit train (sort of T5 LHR or T4 MAD) has become very busy since additional gates opened.
Twice recently I have had the "meet and greet" and rushed through at Warp Factor 4 only to find the aircraft was still in the hangar!!!! I am not sure these transfer agents are totally cued into the ETD of the next service.
I have seen much worse but it could be further improved. I am seeing some Cathay folks on Saturday so will get their views.