PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAT IIIB A/P failure question
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2017, 19:36
AirbusLover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jesse Pinkman
We can revert if all settings and re-briefings are completed by 1,000'AAL; otherwise it's a G/A.
+1 here

Originally Posted by FlightDetent
Individual trainers and respected opinion makers SAY it is a technical and legal possibility to take over and continue manually, however:
In close limiting conditions such as those programmed into the SIM for the LVP excercise, pilots who attempt and land after autoland failure almost without exception regret that decision when asked to self-assess during the debriefing.
This is LVO;very poor visibility,quite close to the ground(below 200ft),so we solely depend ourselves on the airplane and automation.Having said that there is very limited time to think/realize what was the cause of autopilot(s) disconnection and illumination of Autoland light.Most of us probably tend to miss all these facts.Early flare?Computer malfunction?ILS Transceiver failure?As already said,unless is something more serious combined than just a triple click itself(fuel leak,smoke,fire etc), for me it would be more wise to go around and give myself more time and space about the nature of the failure.And i think that is the general line given to the pilots in my current airline.