PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Berlin filing for bankruptcy?
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2017, 18:59
Denti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RAT 5
Could ez have used AB's AOC in some way rather than an Austrian? Too late now I guess.
Well, one of ABs AOC probably, there is still one in the works currently in which easy has reportedly a minority stake (Aeronautics GmbH). However, that is probably only needed to transfer slots, not for flight operations, they do set up their austrian at the moment.

Talks are ongoing, couldn't get much out of the easy guys today. Easy is holding a week long interview marathon in berlin for air berlin crews, both flightdeck and cabin, simulator events for the flightdeck crews are scheduled throughout november and probably into december depending on simulator availability, they try to get as many as possible simulator slots in SXF instead of gatwick. First start date with easy is scheduled for 8th of january.

The article says that the flyNiki brand will vanish, but the company will continue to operate on its own under the eurowings brand. How many AOCs do they have there by now? Germanwings, Eurowings (Germany), Eurowings Europe (Austria), LGW, Niki, SN Brussels, TUI, Sunexpress Germany. I do wonder how such a complicated setup is supposed to compete with real LCCs.