PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 85250HKD to live in Honkers?
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2017, 01:17
azhkman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exactly, if we had day care, we wouldn't have helpers. Another reason added in the leave column. The part-time helper is because the school they attend is assisted, since we are at work, we needed a third person to take them to school. Once they reach the right age, we can let the part-time helper go--she wants to marry her internet boyfriend in Pennsylvania anyways.

The errands is also true--imagine driving and parking where you need to go and easily bringing your kids with you?

And by getting ahead, if you think Swire is the only company that does business with China, I think you're very shortsighted. They could go into finance, agriculture sales, etc.... I met an Irishman here who learned Chinese to help him import Whiskey to the mainland from his HK base. Unless the dream is your child working in the NHS or cashier at Tesco, it will create an undoubted advantage for them.

Now, I didn't realise the opening poster worked at BA. That makes a difference. If you view the airline as a career, or being a pilot as a career (and accept what comes with that mindset), there is a distinction.