PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any Spotters Good With Mathematics?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2017, 20:26
+TSRA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In my head I see a two sheet spreadsheet. The first sheet handles the calculations for you, while the second sheet is a list of the types, company, and rego.

You could have a grouping on sheet one that assigns a cost based on any grouping you want (UK local, EU local, the Americas, etc.). Just remember, the more groupings you have, the more complicated the formulas.

The most basic formula I can think of for the setup above and where the aircraft rego is listed on Sheet 2, column A from rows 2 to 10, would be:

=COUNTIF(Sheet2!A2:A10,"G*")

This would count all those registrations that begin with G. You could then use a multiplication formula to multiply that number by whatever value you have assigned to local aircraft, for example:

=B2*0.5

or

=B2*E2

where E2 contains the value you want the number of registrations multiplied by. This allows you to change the value over time, without having to redo all the formulas.

From there... well it depends on what information and groupings you want to see. You can keep using the above formula for every country (that'll get exhausting quick) or you could begin to nest the formulas and do the work for you, but that'll take some playing around using COUNTIF, COUNTIFS, IF, and other such statements.

I'll have a play when I get home and see what I can't come up with - but home is presently 4 days away.