PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf War 1 - what were YOU injected with?
Old 23rd Oct 2017, 19:01
BEagle

Received 271 Likes on 110 Posts
As I was recalled from my UAS tour to refresh as VC10K captain for GW1, I had most of the drug cocktail long before being sent to Muharraq and thence to KKIA. Also a great time thanks to the Rocks at Abingdon giving me almost limitless fun with an SLP and about a hundred rounds of plinking time.

I had the second batch of jabs in theatre. No great snags (perhaps because I hadn't had any alcohol for ages?) and they didn't stop me flying. Then some other jab administered by the loveliest, most gorgeous little Scots reservist doctor imaginable "It'll just be a wee scratch", was what she said. It was quite chilly in the KKIA field hospital and the resulting effect under her nicely-filled olive green T-shirt was rather obvious and quite sufficient to take my mind off the war or any medical issues... I don't think that my immediate bodily reaction had anything to do with the inoculation though...

Never took BATs; however when I was clearing out my stuff prior to clearing having PVR'd 12 years later, I discovered that I still had some BATs, NAPs, combopens and even some Temazepam amongst my NBC stuff. Handed the whole lot in to the Stn Rocks, who were fine about it, great bunch that they were!