PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Human Factors in aircraft maintenance
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2017, 17:02
BasTolsma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Thank you

Dears,

A warm thank you from my side. Especially on suggesting what the right approach would be.

Perhaps I should have told something about myself. I've had 4 years of teacher training (where all the pedagogical and didactic skills are taught and have to be shown in schools) and now get to work with colleagues that are aviation maintenance professionals. The main idea was to get some great examples (which I've gotten!) of encountered or heard of incidents/accidents involving human factors. The curriculum is solid, with a workbook and a lot, a lot of interaction where students, indeed, present their findings from the very start of the course up until the end. Thank you for reminding me to also have a close look at other fields where HF play a big or smaller role.

The thread allowed me to adopt many features of what has been posted here. This includes great lessons from YouTube-clips.

Thanks for the additions, they will be adopted in the curriculum and serve as great examples. One can never have enough examples, especially when recent! (Every book or website refers to the Aloha Airlines incident or the pilot sucked out of the BAC-111 window haha, albeit being great examples).