PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JSAT Gliding
Thread: JSAT Gliding
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2017, 19:12
taildragger123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thin edge of the wedge

Hmmm I was at one of the RAFGSA regional clubs today. It is rumoured that because of a lack of AIr Cadet schools and launch capacity a plan to contract some basic training and AEF gliding to GSA Regional clubs is being considered. So having decimated their own launch facilities, mismanaged their fleet husbandry and engineering and upset their own long standing instructor cadre, many of whom have voted with their feet, they wish to impose them selves on GSA clubs. To do this it would seem that BGA instructors would have to be cleared to instruct cadets by 2 FTS personnel from Syerston. A real empire has been built at Syerston with a huge staff headed by a Group Captain with Two wing commanders as his deputies. No thanks chaps if all the above is true and as GSA member of 40 years, I think it would be time to say farewell and look after my own interests and spend time flying my own toys which cost a fortune to insure hangar and service. I certainly have no intention of being obliged to sit in the back seat of a glider to fore fill a contract for the air cadets. Every launch provided to the Cadets is a launch not taken by a club member.