PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help For A Newbie
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2017, 11:29
Roughrotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help For A Newbie

Hi there, I have just passed my training in an R44 and I am now looking to buy my own for private use. Based upon the hours I will likely fly (40-50) I should really hire but due to my remote location that isn't practical and anyway I like the idea of having as and when I want it. I believe I will have to service it at 6 months and then at 12 despite the low hours and was wondering if there was any advantage as a private user to put it on any other register that would simplify the service requirements. Now before everybody jumps down my throat, I want to be safe and legal, I just wondered if there are any advantages going for a different registration. Finally should I remain on the G reg and assuming no issues at the service points what would you expect me to pay in a 12 month period for a 6 month then annual with all the appropriate paperwork costs. I have asked around and have got some varied answers so any help would be great. I don't want to be the subject of Robinson bashing, I love the machine and it is my preferred choice. I learned on the 44 and love it. I'd appreciate any constructive help and advice. I've came from the micro-lite background where I could do most of the service work myself so please help. Thanks