PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working in the UK
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2003, 05:47
leee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I wasn't sulking, my bottom lip was just dragging a bit
But any way, cheers Thomas that was just the general info i was looking for, the hour side should be ok but need to work on a plan to get the twin endorsement!! and i didnt mean i wanted seasonal work its just in the states and Canada March ( give or take a couple of months ) is the time companies start to look for pilots.

McShrek, I dont know about Australia but British Columbia is pretty busy with fires right now around kelona and kamloops, for the visa part i know folks come on a student visa ( sometimes works, sometimes doesnt ) or if you can get a job offer to fight fires you can get a work visa as it is for "the good of Canada" that you do.
I came to Canada with a FAA licence and converted to a Canadian in two weeks, exams were pretty straight forwards. You may shave time off that by getting your medical before you arrive as you can not take the written exams until you do( also the culhane books are ok for test prep).
America also has fires around california and arizona ( so i am told)not sure about the visa procedure now ( i would think you can still get a J-1 student visa from a school do your conversion, then you can work for the rest of your visa ( normally two years))

Hope that helps.

Cheers Lee...