PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATSA Licensing
Thread: ATSA Licensing
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2003, 05:40
I'm not joking sir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fantastic. I get tasked with collecting views on the idea of ATSA licensing and this thread appears! Makes it a bit easier. My personal view is that licensing us is a good idea - especially from the competency angle.

Muppit,

I'm not sure which incident at LL you're referring to (the one in the CAA MOR digest a few months back?) but isn't it the case that whilst LPOs aren't licensed, under the "duty of care" understanding, they can actually be deemed responsible and therefore ultimately sued for an incident?
Plus, at LL I believe the LPOs have a lot more input into how a/c are routed than at KK - far more "follow the greens" at LL, whereas you guys set the routes here. Maybe that's why LPOs seem to kop the blame more at LL? Then again it's a funny old unit...

The payment of an ATSA OJTI allowance is always a thorny topic and one that I expect to rear it's head in the not too distant future! I think it'll be hard to get though but fingers crossed. Maybe we might even get some proper OJTI training too.

Some interesting debates ahead.

Last edited by I'm not joking sir; 12th Sep 2003 at 06:05.