PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anna's Friday Liar. 13/10/17
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2017, 20:27
Trafalgar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone who has the opportunity of a decent position back in their home country/continent, and chooses to remain here will deserve the misery that will undoubtedly come the way of them and their families. This is the best hiring environment in a generation. Only CX thinks it’s a “good time” to cut pay and benefits so that no one can live a sustainable life with their families. Go now while you have a chance of a great job and quick advancement. There is no hope left at CX. Do any of you seriously want to spend your careers dealing with management like this ? Oh, and what 747 pilot would attend this little soirée the company had put together to blow smoke up your ars*s? Tell them what you really think by NOT ATTENDING.

Originally Posted by Shep69
Yeah, read this too with some interest. It's not a stop loss or draft but an EO which changes the authorization level from 25 to I believe 1000 (don't know if that's total or annually but I suspect annually). It's unusual in that the last time I believe there was any significant real recall of retirees (other than as a movie plot) was during the Korean War. US military retirees usually have no further service commitment but are technically subject to recall until they are 60 (which in the past has never much been done).

Sure points to a supply issue with pilots and lots of opportunities for people looking. It's disconcerting that some folks here actually are using the 'concessionary' word (for anything) and even considering concessions would IMHO be insane in such a market. Really insane. Not to mention OTHER airlines are making money while paying pilots more.

So the conditions for negotiation are probably as strong as they could ever conceivably be. Yet CX is effectively cutting pay and working conditions. Other than words there doesn't seem to be a great deal of backlash to what has happened so far with the unilaterally imposed cuts given this shortage of operators.

"Do the right thing"

I guess that says it all too.