PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anna's Friday Liar. 13/10/17
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2017, 12:39
Shep69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Curtain rod
TTW: I bet the UK, Australian, Canadian, German, French, etc. air forces won't be far behind with their own versions of this type of American fix (for the military) and financial mess (for the airlines). Meanwhile, one particular company here cuts, cuts and cuts, and pisses off its pilots with the continuous erosion of working conditions with its ongoing refusal to face the music, replace who needs to be replaced, and just wake up to the urgent need to set things right and/or do the right thing:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...fin/785583001/
Yeah, read this too with some interest. It's not a stop loss or draft but an EO which changes the authorization level from 25 to I believe 1000 (don't know if that's total or annually but I suspect annually). It's unusual in that the last time I believe there was any significant real recall of retirees (other than as a movie plot) was during the Korean War. US military retirees usually have no further service commitment but are technically subject to recall until they are 60 (which in the past has never much been done).

Sure points to a supply issue with pilots and lots of opportunities for people looking. It's disconcerting that some folks here actually are using the 'concessionary' word (for anything) and even considering concessions would IMHO be insane in such a market. Really insane. Not to mention OTHER airlines are making money while paying pilots more.

So the conditions for negotiation are probably as strong as they could ever conceivably be. Yet CX is effectively cutting pay and working conditions. Other than words there doesn't seem to be a great deal of backlash to what has happened so far with the unilaterally imposed cuts given this shortage of operators.

"Do the right thing"

I guess that says it all too.