PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British airways pension to close.
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2017, 09:06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I loved the condescending bit suggesting those 600 SFOs could already have commands if they wanted them, so they have brought it upon themselves. Oh really? So we have got 600 below NAPS juniority Captains have we? What a daft argument to make.
The letter actually stated, there are around 600 First Officers in NAPS, all of whom have held the required seniority to have achieved command at LGW or LHR since 2015.

He’s not saying everyone could have achieved a command. He’s saying anyone could. (Rather than for example, moving from one longhaul RHS to be frozen in a different longhaul RHS.)

I guess you don’t like it, but SG’s statement is absolutely correct. It is an oddity of BA that some prefer the easy, well paid, life of a senior copilot over being a junior captain. How often have I heard the refrain, “you only have to be junior once”? It has been obvious for years that BA would close NAPS. The precise terms of that closure have always been much less than certain.

Having said all that, I don’t want to see anyone’s pension trashed. However, I suspect it would be far easier to galvanise the membership had people been caught out through absolutely no choice of their own. Is that a fair comment?

Last edited by 4468; 21st Oct 2017 at 09:21.