PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook-2
Thread: Thomas Cook-2
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2017, 21:44
canberra97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I always get the earliest flight in the morning to my destination arriving at the hotel early and leaving my bags at the hotel, go off to explore the local area, go for a coffee and invariably return to the hotel to check in which is always far earlier than the advertised 2 pm check in, in all my travels it has only occurred twice that I have had to wait till 2 pm to be able to check in at the hotel.

I personally have no problem with an evening flight back to the UK, get up in the morning have breakfast, pack bags, shower, get dressed, check out at either 11 or 12, maybe get an extension on the hotel room for a late check out, put bags in hotels left baggage room with my clothes for my return trip easy to locate, enjoy the rest of the day until returning to my hotel later in the day or evening to freshen up and change clothing, then a Taxi to the airport for my return flight home.

As I tend to go on several 2 or 3 night breaks a year I maximise my stay by getting the first available flight out to my destination and the last possible flight back home, why waste your last day by getting an early flight when you can get a later flight, I do this whenever possible including the many evening flights with British Airways from JFK to LHR I always get the latest flight home so I can at least go out for dinner before my flight home maximising my time at my destination.

My elderly parents especially my father like to get a midday or at least an early flight home so in my opinion I think this is more of an age thing.