PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Legality of Amy Johnson Initiative - Equality Act 2010
Old 20th Oct 2017, 18:19
Capt Pit Bull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by redsnail
I read these posts with amusement. 6 positions. Just 6 positions out of how many that easyJet hire per year? easyJet is underwriting the loan, not paying for it. I sincerely hope you've written to Carolyn McCall advising her of her folly. Let's see if her replacement scraps the scheme...

Discriminated against? Don't make me laugh. 5% of the world's airline pilots are women. I'm sure you can do the maths. That means 95% are men. They are your competition. Not the paltry number of women. The number of female captains world wide can fit in 1 B747. Hardly massive numbers...

When I can walk through the terminal in my uniform and no one bats an eye, when I am recognised as the captain, not the FA when I am speaking to the pax, the refueller, the handling agent, the hotel check-in staff, the taxi driver... I think you get my point. Then and only then will these schemes and initiatives be superfluous.

I sure you'll scream "it's not fair". Guess what? It's not. Life is not fair. It just isn't. If you are going to get upset before you're hired, then I had better warn you that you'll be getting upset regularly throughout your career. Someone will get "your" base. Someone will get a command before you. Someone will get a fleet change before you. Someone will be able to bid summer leave... It never stops.

You can either just shrug your shoulders and focus on with your life & career or you can whinge on a bulletin board.
Your choice.
What a morally bankrupt post.

The fact that it is impossible to be totally fair about everything is not a cart blanche to not even bother to try.

What we see here is very standard; the view that sexism is JUST FINE as long as women are the beneficiaries.

If I was to offer training at reduced rates or sponsorship, but to male candidates only, how long would it take before a legal storm ensued?