PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vortex ring
Thread: Vortex ring
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2017, 16:03
CappyJax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected]
You actually said the UH60 could be in the VRS envelope at 80 kts (light turbulence) and in heavy turbulence at 26 kts and 1700'/min and then, once corrected you produced a list of numbers with no units or explanation and then started talking about envelopes when you actually mean a larger area on the graph.
You repeated that a smaller envelope is 'easier to avoid' as if that makes it less likely to get into VRS with a low disc loading helicopter which I now have to repeat is not the case.

Ever taught IVRS, VRS and recovery? Ever had either?

DO YOU HAVE READING COMPREHENSION PROBLEMS??? Here, I will post what I said a third time, and maybe you will read it.

I said "The higher the gross weight (higher disk loading), and the higher the altitude creates a faster downwash and a larger envelope which to avoid. Albeit, at a higher ROD which may make it easier to avoid. The lower the gross weight (lower disk loading), and the lower the altitude creates a slower downwash and a smaller envelope to avoid. "

If you know everything there is to know about VRS, then tell me what you would teach to someone so that they could always avoid it.