PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2017, 11:09
FFMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In fairness, even if you had the best bus network in Europe, how many passengers would lug their luggage on to a bus? Very few I would wager.
Buses are great for staff but not for pax.

Back to T3 problems.....I think most people could accept some short term pain for long term gain if there was a plan. Trouble is there is no plan. I'm not even convinced that MAN even accept that they have a problem (or problems). Some of the replies on here, presumably from people that work at the airport, imply this.

If they don't recognize the problems, they are a long way off finding solutions. That's what is so frustrating along with pax never being listened to. When you have people saying it's so bad they are prepared to use other airports then there is a problem....but those in charge just appear to be constantly in denial.

Whatever happened to the sensible looking plan to build a new distributor road parallel to the railway? This would have allowed the old Ringway Road to be closed. A new check in and security area could be built in its place freeing up significant space for airside 'breathing space' within the existing building envelope.

But no....let's demolish half of T2 instead, the only terminal of the three that actually was fit for purpose......