PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British airways pension to close.
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2017, 10:53
Gordomac

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Cripes. Interesting read. As co-jo in the yellow peril T1e , my Captain's pre-take off quiz included "How much do you need to have invested in your BA pension (we were just about to be absorbed into BARD) in order to enjoy 2/3rds of your current salary when you retire at 55 ?" Well, look, just secured my BA 100% endowment mortgage, wifey expecting number two and consequently traded in my beloved yellow (NE colours, of course) Spitfire Mark 4 for a Citroen Ami 8, my mind could not have been less focused on pensions. The answer was something like a million !(1975). Left BARD & joined the Laker Airways Pension Scheme (oooops).

Seemed to have done ok though. Oh and 2&2, "speedboats" ? I am just about to fold away me Lidle's inflateable for the winter. Good for another season though and lovely neighbours are going to help me cover the pool for the winter.

Just love being a penshi and dear Phillip looks set to raise my State Pension by 5% next year. Stop worrying lads & lasses. It'll all be ok.