PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Commander Simon Rawlins RN Pilot's American wife blocked by Home Office
Old 19th Oct 2017, 14:30
NutLoose

Received 2,831 Likes on 1,209 Posts
I agree with her stance, you do not allow all of those EU foreign nationals the immediate right to remain in the UK without first agreeing the same terms for our Expats, otherwise you have lost the bargaining chip to ensure our nationals abroad get the same fair deal as those that are living in the UK, regardless of what Corbyn and his cronies are spouting.. and the fear was always when the None EU nationals had attained the rights to a EU passport in Germany etc, then as EU citizens they could freely travel here.

And for the record I am in favour of those legally here staying, they have built businesses, created jobs and are contributing into the UK pot, it is only fair they should have that right to remain, they came here on the understanding they could legally make the UK their home, you cannot take that away from them.

As for the Commander, I wish him a speedy and happy resolution to his current predicament.

The newly introduced rules came into effect on 9 July 2012 allowing only those British citizens earning more than £18,600 to bring their spouses or their children to live with them in the UK
I some how think a Commander in the Navy should qualify for that, it cannot have got that bad